Conversion to Resection
Use of Intera 3000 Hepatic Artery Infusion Pump for patients with Unresectable Colorectal Liver Metastases (CLM)
In a study at Memorial Sloan Kettering, 47% of patients with unresectable liver metastases who received an Intera 3000 HAI Pump with floxuridine and systemic chemotherapy were able to be surgically resected following treatment.
In this prospective phase II trial of 49 Patients with unresectable CLM who were treated with the Intera 3000 HAI Pump and floxuridine and systemic chemotherapy:
• 47% of patients were able to be surgically resected.
• 3-year survival for patients who underwent resection was 80%.
• The overall response rate was 76%, with 36 partial and 1 complete response.
• The response rate in chemotherapy naïve patients (17 of 49) was 82%, which included 1 complete response.
• The response rate in patients receiving the Intera 3000 as second-line (21 of 49) and third line (11 of 49) therapy was 72%.
• The median number of tumors in the liver was 14 (range of 7 to 23).